Friday 11 April 2014

Is this food worth it?: Part 2!

Like most members I have my after the weekly weigh-in/meeting treat.  This week was going to be McDonald's Grilled Chicken and Bacon Signature Wrap.  I've had it before, loved it and am really sure it must be ok points wise because it's a wrap with lettuce, right?  I mean, sure, it has some bacon....ranch salad dressing....and cheese....oh crap!
Today we were talking about "is it worth it?" so one member looked it up on her phone and just hearing the calories and fat alone made us all groan!  So I went online when I got home and calculated the points:
McDonald's Grilled Chicken and Bacon Signature Wrap - 12 points! (if you get Crispy Chicken 16 points!)
12 points!!! - that's almost half my daily points and that does not include the 10 points for Med fries (who buys a Med Fries?)!!  Wow, it made me think..."Is it worth it?

Well, the true answer is....sometimes yes, maybe using some of my weekly 49 so in my crazy brain it falls under an indulgence not a regular lunch.  For me, this it NOT regular lunch fare...just not worth it.

BTW - It has 23 grams of fat and 1020 grams of sodium!!!

Has anyone been on the Pita Pit website where you can build your pita and get the nutritional facts?  It's great because you can plan before hand.  And knowledge is power right?  And perhaps skip the cheese:)

A good "Is it worth it" criteria...."Is it still going to be worth it when I'm finished?"



No comments: