Wednesday 9 April 2014

Is this food worth it??

Why is it that some days ya just got nothin'?  If you're at the Wednesday night meeting tonight, then I'm going to apologize in advance!  I have a feeling I'll be rambling tonight more than usual.  And, as usual, I will blame it on a hormone and just keep going:)

I had an episode on the weekend that prior to WW would have sent me on a binge.  It all started out very innocently and I had no idea that in 1 minute I would be faced with a "binge or not binge" decision.  In our house the snacks that I need to stay away from (my husbands!) are kept in his office.  For some reason snacks that sit on the wing back do not call my name...even the 3 bags of the dreaded Orville pop-up bowl 94% fat free popcorn!  Somehow an almost empty bag of Tostitos got left on the counter and without even so much as a thought I picked it up and proceeded to polish it off and when I got to the bits and crumbs in the bottom got a soup spoon full of cream cheese and "mopped" them up...3 times!  I don't think a minute had passed.  Almost immediately I started to think "What else can I eat?"  I knew there was a frozen pizza in the freezer and even though I don't eat pizza because of the bread/crust I decided to cook it and eat all the toppings!  Who am I kidding? I planned to eat the crust too and pay for it with a sick stomach for the next 2 days. Robot-like, I turned on the oven and went to the basement freezer.  Thankfully it was that 10 second walk that gave my brain time to bring my WW routine of "Is this worth it?" to mind.  I had a moment to think about the consequences and thought " Nope, so not worth it!". You all know how many PPV's a thin, THIN slice of pizza has, let alone the entire pizza....because I would have eaten the entire pizza, no doubt about it! I am all or nothin'!
We often talk about that crucial snippet of time.  Time that allows your logical brain to catch up and kick that "blast from the past self-destructive I don't give a damn" thought to the curb!  Just ten seconds.
Even though I had scarfed a goodly amount of PPV's with the Tostitos and cream cheese I did not see that episode as a failure on my part, I saw it as a win.  Why?  Because my past is FILLED with many, MANY times where those Tostitos would had led to not only the pizza but right off plan for days....and days.  Know what I'm talking about?
I look at it this way: Winning is not always about being perfect, most of the time it's about making the better choice.  Isn't that a comforting thought?

1 comment:

Joanne Hartman said...

Lissie is such an inspiration!