Tuesday 1 April 2014

It's all about management!

I never know what to expect when members come to the meetings.  Some have had great weeks and others not so much.  I rejoice when there are successes, in fact I'm surprised sometimes at my level of happiness...you've seen it...I literally jump for joy!  I also feel the pain when that damned scale only measures our weight and does not know what kind of freakin' week we've just endured!  That is the hardest part of being a leader....if it was appropriate to sometimes just sit and have a good cry with someone, that's exactly what I would do.  Some weeks that could really slow the weigh in line down:)
Working with people who have, or had, the same unhealthy, life-long relationship with food that I've wrestled with my whole life has always been a goal of mine. I have a huge amount of empathy for others who have suffered in the same way.  I have shared a lot of my journey but like you there's a lot of pain that is personal and private. Oddly enough I think it is often that personal and private pain that really links us together.  We don't discuss it but we know it's there and that's enough.
I get really excited to help and encourage people to change because I KNOW everyone can change.  How do I know that? Because I changed.  I went from someone who binged, and binged, and had absolutely no control over food to someone who has learned to manage.  Manage my thoughts, my feelings, my food intake, my choice of food...it's all about management.
There's no doubt about it, learning to manage your thoughts and feelings about food is an emotional ride and not always easy.  But the rewards are tremendous and quite literally life changing!  Imagine learning how to manage and understand the thoughts and feelings that send you into a feeding frenzy....THAT, my friends, is really life changing!  Why is it life changing?  It's life changing because once you learn to manage your thoughts, your feelings and your food choices life can become peaceful.  Life can be peaceful. And when we approach life from a position of peace we are actually at our most powerful and free to be open to all that's possible! And that's when the life changing can begin.  Exciting huh?




No comments: