Wednesday 26 March 2014

"Nothing slows you down like quitting....and menopause sucks!"

When I hear a member saying "But, I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do and am not losing weight!", I know exactly how they feel.  And yes, we must ALL make sure we are truly working the plan and not getting just enough extra points that we're "maintaining", which we all do occasionally.  But what if you are diligent with your points, weighing, measuring, exercising, drinking your water, watching the fruit portions, watching the starchy carb portions etc, etc and still don't loose or loose at an agonizingly slow pace?  What then?  That's where I am now...right along side many others I know.
For me I know my hormones are not happy:(  Yes, menopause has it's advantages....who knew that one day I just wouldn't give a damn about the things I used to obsess about?  That I'd finally see the big picture and not sweat the small stuff?  Feel gratitude in a way I've never felt it before?  Ya, ya, ya... that's all great, but honestly, right now I'd happily give it ALL back just to have my body respond the way it used to and see some results from my hard work and dedication!
But the reality...my new found wisdom tells me!...is that's not going to happen.  I'm 53 and stuck with being smarter and having to work harder.
So what to do?  I've got an appointment with my doctor to get my hormones re-checked and make sure I've covered all the bases.  And I know I can't quit because I've seen what two weeks of chips and beer can do! So, I must accept it, work it and keep going.
Here's what I know for sure:  It can be a slow process but quitting won't speed it up.

No comments: