Wednesday 14 May 2014

Are you worth 5 minutes a day?

This months routine is "Spend 5 minutes a day reflecting on how your day went on Plan" and while I think ALL the routines are valuable pieces of our individual goal-puzzles, this one is absolutely vital to our success. Why?  If you don't reflect on how your Plan day went, how can you adjust the good, the bad and the oh-so ugly? If you're not reflectin you're just floating along without direction and we all know how vital a clear direction is to any journey. Would you set out on a journey in your car without a clear set of directions? Would you consult your map daily to make sure you're staying on course?  Of course you would. This journey requires consulting your map daily too.
Do you think successful people get to their goals without daily reflection and adjusting as needed?  Let's look at these quotes from Tony Robbins and see how they relate to what we're talking about.

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."
- If we don't take stock daily of how we're doing how can we determine if some of our actions, or lack of actions, are affecting our weight loss goals?

"One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power.  Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular."
-Taking a few minutes daily to reflect on "how we're doing" will help us direct our focus and stop "dabbling".  Do you think when we're just "dabbling" with the Plan we putting ourselves on a self-imposed plateau???

"How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to?"
-Reflect on your day.  Did you live it in a way that brought your goal one step closer or pushed it farther away?

Just five minutes a day.  
Think about, or better yet, write down, the pros and cons of your day on Plan...
then adjust accordingly...t hat's what winners do...be a winner!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I want to be a winner, Joanne, so I am going to continue to reflect daily on how my day went and what needs to be refined. Have been doing this since joining WW in Jan and have lost 25 lbs to date. I think taking time for myself (for a change) daily had made a huge difference for me. I spend maybe 5-10 minutes after I clean up after dinner and read my daily log and adjust my plan for the next day. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joanne Hartman said...

Yay and guess what? You already ARE a winner! Continue to think of yourself that way and watch all the positive things you deserve happen! And thank you for the inspiration...you just made my day! Remember, we are what we think most!
Joanne