Sunday 11 May 2014

Hey Y'all!

Sorry I missed last weeks post y'all!  My husband and I took 40 people to Memphis and Nashville for 8 days.  I thought I'd have lots of time to write...HA....not.
On the food front I was on plan for breakfast and most lunches.....until the last two days and then went totally off, and I mean off, the rails!  Golden Coral Buffet, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans etc....and of course...chips, beer and Memphis BBQ:)  Man, I was on salt overload...I could have carried my toiletries in the bags under my eyes!

In case you want to see where we've been and what we were doing, check out husband Freddy Vette's blog!  One day one I made my Memphis debut at Jerry Lee Lewis's Bar on Beale Streatt!  Not that I wanted to, but the singer was looking for some to sing the June Carter part to Johnny Cash's "Jackson" and Freddy, along with some of our group, made me get up.  It's not great, and my hair is flat, but an old man gave me $2!
http://www.cjbq.com/freddy/

What a fantastic time we had and....ooops...gotta go, the wagon just pulled up front of my house:)




No comments: