Monday 17 November 2014

The Law of Attraction states that "whatever you focus on is what you will attract into your life". What???

So does this mean that by always thinking negatively about our weight loss goal that we are actually attracting weight gain???  OMG...I think it does!  (I'm trying to keep this blog clean so insert your swear word here.)

On his website, Jack Canfield says "you can take action to shield yourself from motivation-sapping, fear-instilling negativity" and lists 5 easy ways to get started."  I'm going to give you the short version (link at the bottom of the blog takes you to his page, it's worth the trip!)

Tip #1: Accept 100% Responsibility 
The most critical principle to master if you want to create greater success is to accept 100 percent responsibility for your life – including the type and amount of negativity to which you allow yourself to be exposed. Your job is to take care of yourself. This includes creating environments that are conducive to success. 
We talk about these two in WW.  Nothing can happen without acceptance: Accept that it's your life and your goal. Control your space: if it's not working for you, it's working against you.

Tip #2: Release Negative Feelings
To attract what you want in life, you must live in a state of love, joy and gratitude.
Love this one!  It's so, so simple but you need to practice it and live it.  And when you do, your life will change!  I know because it has changed mine:)

Tip #3: The Evening Review
Whatever you read, see, listen to, talk about and experience during the last 45 minutes of your evening has a huge influence on your sleep and your next day.
Do yourself a huge favour and marinate something lovely in your brain over night!  No negative thoughts...give up the 11 pm news!  If you can't help or change all the bad stuff then don't put it in your brain!

Tip #4: The Daily Success Focus Journal
Another way to stay focused on your goals and on the positive is to create a Daily Success Focus Journal.  Each evening, identify 5 accomplishments you made throughout the day. 
Another one we talk about a lot....write it down! And, what fun... you're writing down 5 little I'm-pretty-darn-awesome tidbits!

Tip #5: Create Your Ideal Day
Before you leave work or go to bed, take a few minutes to plan your schedule for the following day. Doing so sets you up for success and doing it before bed gives your subconscious all night to work on creating ways to make it all happen just as you visualized it.
Visualization works.  You do you realize that when you focus on the negative bits in your life you're visualizing, right? See, it does work.  Change the story you run in your head!


http://jackcanfield.com/staying-focused-in-the-face-of-negativity/



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe this positive thinking, feeling, acting, just being overall positive. We don't realize how powerful our mind is over ourselves. When I was close to my goal I now believe I sabotaged myself for a while. My heart was aching and I was so sad and although I never said it out loud every meeting I would come to, in my mind I would say I don't want to celebrate and I didn't until I finally let those feelings go and get myself on a happier road. Your meeting today was awesome Joanne, you really do a fantastic job, you have found your calling and I hope you are there to lead for a long long time. DarleneL

Joanne Hartman said...

I'm so glad you managed to get to the positive side of the road Darlene, it's pretty awesome isn't it? But I'm sorry you had to go through the sadness to get to it. Fear seems to rise up in us when we get close to getting to our goal and we self sabotage. I have tears in my eyes writing this now because I absolutely know what you went through. Thank you for continuing to come to the meetings and be a positive member. Seeing a successful member is so inspiring to your others. And thank you, once again, for your so very kind words. Joanne