Tuesday 9 June 2015

Happiness is an inside job....



Don't you love quotes that just nail it on the head???  As I sit here trying to think of something to write...I can't help but think, "Man, I wish someone had told me that when I was growing up"!  And I'd like to add, "Don't assign any one thing to be the source of your happiness"....like losing weight. Funny how it always comes back to losing weight!  But I know that is true for many of you, because once again it has been, and unfortunately sometimes still is, true for me.  How do I know it's true? Because I am markedly happier if I weigh 4 pounds less.  Four frickin' pounds!  That is ridiculous! My moods lightens instantly, the world seems brighter, and stress seems to be non-existent.  Clearly, I still need to work on this.....
And, yes, I can hear some of you saying, "Four F**king pounds?? Bitch, I have 40, 50 or 100 pounds to lose!"  And that is the point I'm making about happiness being attached to the number on the scale....even though I am only 4 pounds away from my "ideal" weight....my happiness and self-worth are still contingent on a number.  To be clear, I did not swear, you did.:)


As a child I was either over the moon happy or in the depths of despair, and let me tell you, it was exhausting!  And now that I think of it, exhausting being my Mom too! She used to try and bring me to the center.  She used to say, "If you make the best of everything situation, then you will have the very best that life can offer."  I had no idea what she was talking about. :)   Now I do, and I do make the best of every situation.....
Now, if I was just 4 pounds lighter....always a work in progress! :)

How attached to the number on the scale is your level of happiness?   It turns out that happiness can be learned and increased but it requires some change but doesn't everything???

For me "Judge Less, Accept More" and "Fear Less, Love More" are the big ones.
How about you?


Oh, and by the way,
 science shows that happier people make healthier choices...
which could lead to weight loss! :)

No comments: